What is the Simulation Pedagogy?
- Create a microcosm of the firm by including all key business or marketing functions – students must manage a whole firm or whole marketing division.
- Start at beginning of story – a new adventure.
- Gradually layer in new decision content as it becomes relevant in life of firm – a natural progression that is more intuitive.
- Frequently repeat difficult decisions in order to set important concepts, principles and ways of thinking into the students’ natural thought process.
- Create a storyline that is interesting and relevant to the student in the role of an entrepreneur
- Reinforce a process for making good decisions
- Present a logical order to the decisions to be made
- Present relevant information before a decision
- Link decisions to cash flow and profitability
- Encourage a balanced perspective on the management of the firm – the Balanced Scorecard
View more of our online resources