Marketplace® is a family of over 20 marketing and business simulations designed for university business courses and executive business programs. It is developed by Innovative Learning Solutions Inc, the leading publisher of online learning solutions for business students and corporate professionals worldwide.
Marketplace Simulations allow students to experiment with business strategies, test business ideas, and experience the consequences of their actions in a virtual business environment. As students apply the theoretical knowledge they learned in your class to make strategic and tactical business decisions in the game, they develop skills critical to succeed in today's business world.
The teaching methodology behind the Marketplace business games was created by Dr. Ernest Cadotte, Fisher Professor of Marketing at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville.
Dr. Cadotte drew on more than 30 years of his teaching experience in business and marketing, combined with the expertise of a dozen other collaborators—content experts in various areas of education—to create interactive and visually engaging business games that can be used in the classroom or in an online course.
Explore Dr. Cadotte's published articles on the pedagogy behind educational business simulations and experiential learning.
Everything Made Easy
Marketplace Simulations are designed to help students
- Develop an understanding of business decisions by letting them apply business concepts in a competitive and risk-free environment
- Place emphasis on functional integration at the strategic and tactical levels
- Stimulate creative thinking
- Enhance interpersonal relationships via leadership and teamwork
Marketplace makes teaching easy
- Automatic grading and assessment tools
- Pre-customized options
- Flexible participation/interaction between student and instructor
- Ease of integration with textbook material
- Includes valuable coaching materials: introductory presentations, guidelines, coaching tools, added activities, rubrics and assessment tools
- Web-based software - Installation free
- Accessible support hours and free 24/7 emergency support
"The finest business simulation we have ever used. Compared to scores that we have tested, adopted, and taught, Marketplace Simulation is the Gold Standard."
— John K. Clemens, Professor of Management
"The single most valuable learning experience in my entire MBA training. The simulation helped pull together my finance, accounting, marketing, and operations knowledge into a coherent picture of how a business operates."
— Jeffrey R. Davis, EMBA student