Marketplace Live is a family of over 20 marketing and business simulations designed for university business courses and executive business programs. It is developed by Innovative Learning Solutions Inc, the leading publisher of experiential online learning tools for business students and corporate professionals worldwide.
Marketplace Live makes teaching easy
- Automated grading tool for quick student evaluation
- Easily fits into your coursework
- Requires no downloads or installation
- Everything you need is included — syllabus, a built-in coaching assistant, lectures, and more
- Daily support hours and free 24/7 emergency support
Marketplace Live is designed to help students
- Experience the challenges of managing a marketing division or an entire firm while competing in a dynamic and demanding market
- Internalize the essential business concepts by applying them in a risk-free simulated business environment
- Stimulate creative and critial thinking
- Enhance interpersonal relationships via leadership and teamwork
Marketplace Live simulations allow students to experiment with business strategies, test business ideas, and experience the consequences of their actions in a virtual business environment. As students apply the theoretical knowledge they learned in your class to make strategic and tactical business decisions in our game, they develop skills critical to succeed in today's business world.
The teaching methodology behind Marketplace Live was created by Dr. Ernest Cadotte, Fisher Professor of Marketing at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville.
Dr. Cadotte drew on more than 30 years of his teaching experience in business and marketing, combined with the expertise of a dozen other collaborators—content experts in various areas of education—to create interactive and visually engaging business games that can be used in the classroom or in an online course.
Explore Dr. Cadotte's published articles on the pedagogy behind educational business simulations and experiential learning.
"The finest business simulation we have ever used. Compared to scores that we have tested, adopted, and taught, Marketplace Simulation is the Gold Standard."
— John K. Clemens, Professor of Management
"The single most valuable learning experience in my entire MBA training. The simulation helped pull together my finance, accounting, marketing, and operations knowledge into a coherent picture of how a business operates."
— Jeffrey R. Davis, EMBA student