Don't fight the drawbacks of the online environment. Embrace its Benefits
Give your students the flexibility and accessibility they love. Treat yourself to intelligent instructor tools that do the grunt work for you so you can focus on individualized coaching and mentoring.
Excite your students and draw them into the world of business.
Let Marketplace simulations engage your students through practical business challenges and experiential learning. When students see the connections between the course material and real business world, they get more engaged, and they learn more.
Simulations that fit your needs
- Flexible timeframe for any course: Twenty minutes, a few hours, a few weeks, or an entire semester
- Suitable for all academic levels: Undergraduates, MBAs, executives.
- Available for many business disciplines: Core classes, marketing, entrepreneurship, strategy, and capstone courses
Ideal for online classes
Low level introductory classes
The introductory games do not require instructor involvement. They help illustrate important business concepts, principles, and ways of thinking. You can use them as a reference point during lectures and discussions to make the class more interesting and relevant. Students work through the simulation on their own and at their own pace. They compete against computer-generated competitors.
High level classes
Ensure the greatest learning impact by having teams compete against each other. This is the secret sauce to serious games – competition against live, dynamic, not-quite predictable classmates. The simulation facilitates teamwork and communication. Add a video conferencing software like Zoom or video chat and let student teams connect, brainstorm, and work together online. Conduct executive briefings, have one-on-one discussions with students who need help, and even run a Venture Capital Fair - all online.
If you need a self-contained tool that requires minimal instructor involvement, many of our simulations have the play-against-the computer option. Your students can work at their own pace, in teams or individually. You can connect with them via chat or video as you desire.
Students typically spend time outside of class for team meetings and working on Marketplace. This frees up class time for lectures and discussions.
If you are worried about participation, you can require students to work during class time where you can monitor their work. Marketplace shows you when students are logged in, how much time they have spent, and what exactly they have done in the game.
- Through Competition- Students compete against classmates or computer-generated competitors. The desire to win drives them to work harder and learn more.
- Through Ownership- Students run their own business; they have a vested interest in its success. They take responsibility and lose sight of the fact that they are playing a game.
- Through Quick feedback- Students try ideas and see results immediately. They love to see if they have captured the hearts of the customer and outsmarted the competitors.
- Through Realism- A life-like, new product business scenario makes the concpets you teach come alive.
- Through Transformation- It is far better than a lecture or textbook. Students find themselves engaged, challenged, inspired, and transformed.
Choose a simulation for your course
Our support team will help you choose the right simulation for your class and give you a show-and-tell about the features and benefits of Marketplace. Request a tour or call us at +1 865 522 1946 to get started!
Learn more about Marketplace Simulations:
- Learn about the game scenario. Click Here.
- Why Use Marketplace Simulations? Click Here
- Here is what we do to help instructors to be successful. Click Here
- Tools to help instructors. Click Here
- What is the simulation pedagogy? Click Here
- How does Marketplace work with Learning Management Systems? Click Here
All students can easily, equally, and independently engage with our simulations. Our business games are designed to meet WCAG 2.0 AA accessibility standards. Learn More